My serial not based on Madhubala love life: Producer
Producer Saurabh Tewari has denied reports that his upcoming TV show 'Madhubala' is based on the alleged romance between veteran Dilip Kumar and legendary actress Madhubala.
"We were very clear in our communication from day one. The first promo starts from 1991, so neither Madhubala was born in 1991 nor she passed away then... And moreover there is no written fact that anything of that existed between the two (Madhubala and Dilip Kumar). Dilip saab is a living legend and we don't want to draw any controversy by defaming anyone.
"The moment we called it Madhubala, and it is about a girl who falls in love with a superstar there were these assumptions and we have been denying it through out," Saurabh said.
Madhubala's sister Zahida also sent a notice to the show heads asking for a clarification on the serials subject.
"She sent a notice to Colors asking for clarification whether it is being based on Madhubala or not and I think the legal team has handled that, so no stress on that," Saurabh added.
The TV show is based on the reality of film fraternity and is dedicated to mark the completion of 100 years of Hindi cinema.
"Six-eight months ago, I and Prashant (programming head) were discussing what should be our next project then we realised in the month of May Indian cinema will be completing 100 years.. So we though of dedicating something to Indian cinema.
"But we cannot tell a story dedicated to Indian cinema through a TV show so we thought we will create a show which is based on the film industry, and move from the stereotypical, cliche way of portraying the industry," Saurabh said.
The show stars 'Geet' actress Drashti Dhami and Vivian Dsena. It will go on air on May 28.
- BJP turns a blind eye to ally SAD’s disregard of the national interest in Punjab
- Modi govt has promoted and democratised the internet like no other in the past
- A look at the US presidential contenders’ positions on issues that matter to India
- We need to learn to keep politicians away from sports bodies
- Why criticism of the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana is misplaced and unwarranted
- Dear Governor Solanki, please withhold your assent to the Punjab SYL bill