My sex scenes make my wife laugh out loud: John Grisham
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
Author John Grisham realised that he can never write erotic fiction after his wife once burst into laughter after reading a steamy raunchy scene that he wrote for one of his novels.
"I once wrote a sex scene and gave it to her to read," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"I thought it was a really steamy, raunchy scene but when I sneaked into the room to try to gauge her reaction she was screaming with laughter. I mean hysterical laughter.
"'You can't write sex scenes,' she said to me. 'What do you know about sex?' So people shouldn't expect any erotic fiction from me," he said.
Grisham recommends 'Fifty shades'
In a recent interview in New York Times, Grisham, who has long been a backer of Democratic politicians, was asked: "If you could require the President Obama to read one book, what would it be?"
Grisham recommended "Fifty Shades of Grey," the racy, sex-tinged novel that has taken the book world by storm.
"Why should he miss all the fun? Plus, it might loosen him up a bit."
Meanwhile, for the second consecutive week, John Grisham's "The Racketeer" topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list.