My son waiting to watch 'Life of Pi': Akshay Kumar
- Supreme Court quashes President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh, restores Congress govt
- SC verdict historic, democracy has been protected: Nabam Tuki
- Arunachal verdict: SC has explained meaning of democracy to PM Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
- PM Modi rejects Smriti’s choice of CBSE chief, HRD to have no say
- Kashmir violence: One more succumbs to injuries, death toll reaches 35
Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar, who inaugurated the 43rd International Film Festival of India today, says his son is a movie buff like him and is eagerly waiting for the release of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi'.
"Life of Pi" had its Asia premier at IFFI here. Akshay, however, is planning to catch the film with his son Aarav on the very first day of its release on November 23.
"'Life of Pi' is on the top of my son's list of movies and we can't wait to watch the movie together. I wish the cast all the best," said Askhay.
The movie is a big screen adaptation of Yann Martel's novel of the same name and follows the story of a young boy who is adrift in the Pacific Ocean for more than 200 days with a Bengal Tiger as his company.
The movie's cast Tabu and Irrfan Khan attended the screening.
Talking about his stay in Goa, Akshay said, "I love this place, not many know I have a beautiful house here and me and my family come here often on vacations."
- After Burhan Wani death protests, an illusion is shattered in Kashmir
- How The West Failed Iraq
- New generation of struggle: The longing for freedom in Kashmir will not die its own death
- Textiles sector can benefit enormously from Smriti Irani's affinity for action
- In its new phase, ‘azadi’ struggle in Kashmir is leaderless, and has a strong death wish
- AMU founder intended it to cater to the community’s educational needs