Mystery fever claims three lives in 10 days
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Amid reports of a mystery fever claiming three lives in the past 10 days, district authorities in Junagadh have pooled three doctors from nearby Public Health Centres (PHCs) to the one at Sukahwada in Malia Hatina taluka, where the deaths have occurred.
All three died before proper diagnoses could be made.
Medical check-ups conducted at the PHC on Thursday showed 50 out of 10,000-odd villagers in the area had fever. "We are undertaking fogging and anti-larvae operations " said District Development Officer, Dileep Rana.