Mystery fever claims three lives in 10 days
- Supreme Court to hear Sahara chief Subrata Roy's bail plea today
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Amid reports of a mystery fever claiming three lives in the past 10 days, district authorities in Junagadh have pooled three doctors from nearby Public Health Centres (PHCs) to the one at Sukahwada in Malia Hatina taluka, where the deaths have occurred.
All three died before proper diagnoses could be made.
Medical check-ups conducted at the PHC on Thursday showed 50 out of 10,000-odd villagers in the area had fever. "We are undertaking fogging and anti-larvae operations " said District Development Officer, Dileep Rana.