Nadiad to get research centre for stone disease
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH) Friday said it is planning to set up a centre for research in stone disease.
This was announced by Mahesh Desai, Medical Director of MPUH and president of World Endourological Society during an international seminar in Nadiad, about 70 from the city.
The three-day seminar on stone disease and advancements made in its treatment, which began Thursday, has been organised by American Urological Association (AUA). The research centre, for which AUA has given its nod, will come up in Nadiad, the organisers said in a release here. More than 20 surgical procedures were telecast live from the operation theatres to the conference venue.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity