Nadiad to get research centre for stone disease
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR beat Mumbai Indians by 41 runs in IPL 7 opener
Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH) Friday said it is planning to set up a centre for research in stone disease.
This was announced by Mahesh Desai, Medical Director of MPUH and president of World Endourological Society during an international seminar in Nadiad, about 70 from the city.
The three-day seminar on stone disease and advancements made in its treatment, which began Thursday, has been organised by American Urological Association (AUA). The research centre, for which AUA has given its nod, will come up in Nadiad, the organisers said in a release here. More than 20 surgical procedures were telecast live from the operation theatres to the conference venue.
"For the first time outside Germany, a new technique for clearance of stones from the body, 'iPad guided renal access', was demonstrated by two doctors from Germany," release said. Over 450 faculty members and delegates from about 20 countries are participating in the programme.