Nadine Coyle loses voice
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle has lost her voice after performing at a ceremony to mark the opening concert of Derry's year.
The 27-year-old Irish singer returned home from Los Angeles to join the line-up for the Sons And Daughters celebration, where she sang a medley of hits from her band Girls Aloud. But she says the gig pushed her already-strained vocals to its limit and now she is literally speechless, reported Daily Express online.
In a post on Twitter, she writes, "My voice has been going for a week. Since yesterday gone! Even the throat lozenge I almost chocked (sic) on stage couldn't help."
Coyle was due to reunite with her Girls Aloud bandmates to begin rehearsals for their upcoming 10th anniversary tour but the first run-through was postponed due to travel issues prompted by the blizzard-like conditions - giving the singer an extra day to recover from her illness.
"A lot of you are asking about tour rehearsals. Unfortunately because of bad weather we have to start tomorrow instead! Woooh! Snowed under," Coyle posted.