Nadine Coyle loses voice
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle has lost her voice after performing at a ceremony to mark the opening concert of Derry's year.
The 27-year-old Irish singer returned home from Los Angeles to join the line-up for the Sons And Daughters celebration, where she sang a medley of hits from her band Girls Aloud. But she says the gig pushed her already-strained vocals to its limit and now she is literally speechless, reported Daily Express online.
In a post on Twitter, she writes, "My voice has been going for a week. Since yesterday gone! Even the throat lozenge I almost chocked (sic) on stage couldn't help."
Coyle was due to reunite with her Girls Aloud bandmates to begin rehearsals for their upcoming 10th anniversary tour but the first run-through was postponed due to travel issues prompted by the blizzard-like conditions - giving the singer an extra day to recover from her illness.
"A lot of you are asking about tour rehearsals. Unfortunately because of bad weather we have to start tomorrow instead! Woooh! Snowed under," Coyle posted.