- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
A band from Nagaland, called Alobo Naga and The Band, is representing India at the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMA), which takes place on Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany. The band's hit music video Painted Dreams — it had stormed the VH1 charts last year as one of the 50 international music videos of 2011 — was declared as the Best Indian Act, beating the big guns of Indian rock music such as Indus Creed and Menwhopause. However, the Dimapur-based band lost out in the Best Worldwide Act category, the voting for which ended on
October 30. "We started two years ago and never imagined something as big as this. It made us realise that as far as music is concerned, it doesn't matter where you are from; and it's not just a boost for Nagaland or just the Northeast but the whole of India," says Alobo Naga, the band's lead vocalist. The band, that calls itself a contemporary progressive rock group with folk and pop elements, has five members led by vocalist Alobo Naga.