- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
A band from Nagaland, called Alobo Naga and The Band, is representing India at the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMA), which takes place on Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany. The band's hit music video Painted Dreams — it had stormed the VH1 charts last year as one of the 50 international music videos of 2011 — was declared as the Best Indian Act, beating the big guns of Indian rock music such as Indus Creed and Menwhopause. However, the Dimapur-based band lost out in the Best Worldwide Act category, the voting for which ended on October 30.
"We started two years ago and never imagined something as big as this. It made us realise that as far as music is concerned, it doesn't matter where you are from; and it's not just a boost for Nagaland or just the Northeast but the whole of India," says Alobo Naga, the band's lead vocalist. The band, that calls itself a contemporary progressive rock group with folk and pop elements, has five members led by vocalist Alobo Naga.