Nagaland Home Minister resigns
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Nagaland Home Minister Imkong L Imchen resigned from the Council of Ministers after he was arrested for allegedly carrying Rs 1.10 crore in cash and arms and ammunition in a vehicle in Wokha district in the poll-bound state.
Imchen submitted his resignation letter to CM Neiphiu Rio late Monday night, press secretary to the Chief Minister Abu Metha said on Tuesday. According to Mehta, Imchen in his resignation letter said the "Assam Rifles flying squad intercepted his motorcade while coming from Kohima" and the seized amount of Rs 1.10 crore was received from NPF's central office for election purpose.
When contacted, Imchen said, "I was totally unaware of the arms and ammunition seized along with cash."
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties