Nagpur metro report ready
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Project work may start by yearend.
The Nagpur metro rail report is ready and the project may start by yearend.
Nagpur Improvement Trust chairman Pravin Darade, who also heads the special purpose vehicle to implement the project, Nagpur Mass Trasport Company, said: "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has prepared the report. It will be presented before district guardian minister Shivajirao Moghe on January 22 and later sent to the state government. The government will put it before the cabinet for final approval.
"The cabinet has already granted a formal approval." The Rs 10,000-crore project will have two elevated corridors — east-west and north-south — with a length of 42 km.
"The portion near the airport will be underground," Darade said.
An underground track was considered non-viable due to the cost involved as well as technical considerations, he said. "Underground metro would have cost double the overground version."
Sources said, "The government is likely to push the project to start work by yearend keeping in view the elections next year."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18