Nagpur metro report ready
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
Project work may start by yearend.
The Nagpur metro rail report is ready and the project may start by yearend.
Nagpur Improvement Trust chairman Pravin Darade, who also heads the special purpose vehicle to implement the project, Nagpur Mass Trasport Company, said: "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has prepared the report. It will be presented before district guardian minister Shivajirao Moghe on January 22 and later sent to the state government. The government will put it before the cabinet for final approval.
"The cabinet has already granted a formal approval." The Rs 10,000-crore project will have two elevated corridors — east-west and north-south — with a length of 42 km.
"The portion near the airport will be underground," Darade said.
An underground track was considered non-viable due to the cost involved as well as technical considerations, he said. "Underground metro would have cost double the overground version."
Sources said, "The government is likely to push the project to start work by yearend keeping in view the elections next year."
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan