Naked Chinese artist receives 'love bites' in latest bizarre performance
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
As part of his latest work, a Chinese performance artist stood nearly naked on a raised podium in an auditorium and received hundreds of love bites from a woman on his chest, abdomen and arms in Guangzhou.
According to news website and online forum Iyaxin.com, the woman, a female art student, continued to bite and bruise Kang Yi with her lips, for an hour and a half, before dousing him with basins of water at the end of the performance, the Daily Mail reported.
In his new work, Yi- known for his controversial performance art - wore white bikini-like underwear, donned tree roots in his hair to signify time and tied three roasted chickens to the plank across his shoulders that positioned his body into a cross-like shape.
According to the Huffington Post, only a few dozen witnessed the live show but videos of the work were quickly circulated on China's micro-blogging sites.