Naked photograph of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court sentences all four convicts to life imprisonment
- Textile major Bhilwara has firm in BVI, says it is a lawful investment
- Kerala Dalit woman rape: New probe officer appointed, sketch of main suspect released
- IRCTC has not been hacked, PRO rubbishes media reports
- West Bengal elections LIVE: 45.88 per cent polling recorded till 11 am
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission today asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have
asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into
the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks,"
- Punish the guilty of AgustaWestland, but also fix the weak links
- Clarity is needed on the supremacy of legislature, and its limits, in its own sphere
- A range of preventive and remedial steps must be taken in the hill forests of Uttarakhand
- If grief and anger unite us, so does, when such occasion arises, relief
- Dear Krishna Kumar, the AAP has unleashed a silent revolution in education
- Suffering of millions does not create public outrage, much less govt accountability