Naked photograph of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission today asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks," the commission's joint secretary Sujoy Haldar, told PTI.
The IG, Prisons, when contacted said, "Let me conduct an inquiry then only I will be able to say something."