Naked photograph of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission today asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks," the commission's joint secretary Sujoy Haldar, told PTI.
The IG, Prisons, when contacted said, "Let me conduct an inquiry then only I will be able to say something."