Naked photograph of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
- Tamil Nadu, Kerala: What makes oldest candidates in fray most sought-after by their parties?
- AgustaWestland chronology to be placed before Parliament on May 4: Parrikar
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Mi-17 choppers to spray water over forests
- May Day protest: Why MGNREGA workers in Jharkhand are returning Rs 5 to PM Modi
- Tavleen Singh's column: Bribery and hope
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission today asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks," the commission's joint secretary Sujoy Haldar, told PTI.
The IG, Prisons, when contacted said, "Let me conduct an inquiry then only I will be able to say something."