Naked photograph of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The West Bengal Human Rights Commission today asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks," the commission's joint secretary Sujoy Haldar, told PTI.
The IG, Prisons, when contacted said, "Let me conduct an inquiry then only I will be able to say something."