Namdhari bought land for Ponty, irked Hardeep: Cops
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A city court has sent Sukhdev Singh Namdhari to police custody for three days for the murder of Hardeep Chadha, who was shot dead in the November 17 gunfight at the Chhattarpur farmhouse.
Namdhari had gone to the farmhouse with Hardeep's brother and liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty, who was also killed in the shootout. A recreation of the crime scene indicated that Namdhari fired at Hardeep, even though the latter did not shoot in his direction. Police had asked for five-day custody of Namdhari, claiming that they need him to trace his accomplices — Hardayal Singh, Simranjeet Singh, Jasbir Singh,Balkar Singh and Baaj Singh. Police told court that the man who had helped tamper with the serial number of the gun used by Namdhari, is yet to be arrested. Police have also added IPC Section 201 (destroying evidence) in the FIR against Namdhari.
For the first time, police spoke about a rift between the two brothers, when they informed the court about the fact that Ponty had bought property in Uttarakhand without telling Hardeep about it. Police claimed that Namdhari helped Ponty buy the property. Namdhari was sacked from his post of chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission after the bloody gunfight in Chhattarpur claimed the life of Hardeep and Ponty.
Police sources said Ponty had invested a large sum in a property in South Africa. Investigation is on to ascertain if that property was bought in Namdhari's name. Police believe that Namdhari deliberately created a rift between the two brothers and provoked Ponty to keep Hardeep away from the land deals. Police will question Namdhari to recover the papers of the properties, which were bought without keeping Hardeep in the loop.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today