Namdhari bought land for Ponty, irked Hardeep: Cops
- From bang to bust: The story of Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher
- Labour Ministry to probe Kingfisher Airlines' PF contributions: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chinese Army spotted along LoC in Pak-occupied Kashmir
- Hope to pass GST, bankruptcy bill this session: FM Arun Jaitley
- Probe illegality, but don’t kill lending, cautions RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
A city court has sent Sukhdev Singh Namdhari to police custody for three days for the murder of Hardeep Chadha, who was shot dead in the November 17 gunfight at the Chhattarpur farmhouse.
Namdhari had gone to the farmhouse with Hardeep's brother and liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty, who was also killed in the shootout. A recreation of the crime scene indicated that Namdhari fired at Hardeep, even though the latter did not shoot in his direction. Police had asked for five-day custody of Namdhari, claiming that they need him to trace his accomplices — Hardayal Singh, Simranjeet Singh, Jasbir Singh,Balkar Singh and Baaj Singh. Police told court that the man who had helped tamper with the serial number of the gun used by Namdhari, is yet to be arrested. Police have also added IPC Section 201 (destroying evidence) in the FIR against Namdhari.
For the first time, police spoke about a rift between the two brothers, when they informed the court about the fact that Ponty had bought property in Uttarakhand without telling Hardeep about it. Police claimed that Namdhari helped Ponty buy the property. Namdhari was sacked from his post of chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission after the bloody gunfight in Chhattarpur claimed the life of Hardeep and Ponty.
- Across the aisle- Budget 2016-17: The fiscal math is puzzling
- ‘Q’ is an important reminder, when India began to become a kleptocracy
- No one can quite figure out Donald Trump. He is popular when he should not be
- Reverse swing: Why Trump suits Hillary
- Inside track: At 88, L K Advani is a master politician
- India needs a stabilisation sovereign wealth fund