Namdhari Chief, Satguru Jagjit Singh passes away
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Satguru Jagjit Singh, chief of the Namdhari sect, passed away at a private hospital here this evening.
He was 92.
Singh had been in the ICU of the hospital for the last three weeks as he was suffering from multiple health problems.
His body is being taken to Bhaini Sahib in this district, main head quarter of the Namdhari sect, where he will be cremated tomorrow, said Surinder Singh Namdhari, spokesman of the sect.
Meanwhile, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh has expressed profound grief over the demise of Satguru Jagjit Singh.
In a condolence message to the bereaved family and the Namdhari community, Amarinder said, "Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji's demise is a great loss to the humanity".
He said the Satguru was the guiding force not for the Namdhari community only, but the whole of mankind.