Namdhari Chief, Satguru Jagjit Singh passes away
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Satguru Jagjit Singh, chief of the Namdhari sect, passed away at a private hospital here this evening.
He was 92.
Singh had been in the ICU of the hospital for the last three weeks as he was suffering from multiple health problems.
His body is being taken to Bhaini Sahib in this district, main head quarter of the Namdhari sect, where he will be cremated tomorrow, said Surinder Singh Namdhari, spokesman of the sect.
Meanwhile, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh has expressed profound grief over the demise of Satguru Jagjit Singh.
In a condolence message to the bereaved family and the Namdhari community, Amarinder said, "Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji's demise is a great loss to the humanity".