Namdhari Chief, Satguru Jagjit Singh passes away
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Satguru Jagjit Singh, chief of the Namdhari sect, passed away at a private hospital here this evening.
He was 92.
Singh had been in the ICU of the hospital for the last three weeks as he was suffering from multiple health problems.
His body is being taken to Bhaini Sahib in this district, main head quarter of the Namdhari sect, where he will be cremated tomorrow, said Surinder Singh Namdhari, spokesman of the sect.
Meanwhile, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh has expressed profound grief over the demise of Satguru Jagjit Singh.
In a condolence message to the bereaved family and the Namdhari community, Amarinder said, "Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji's demise is a great loss to the humanity".
He said the Satguru was the guiding force not for the Namdhari community only, but the whole of mankind.