Namdhari key conspirator in Ponty-Hardeep shootout: Cops
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The police on Saturday accused sacked Uttarakhand Minority Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari of being the main conspirator in last Saturday's shootout in which liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother, Hardeep, were killed.
The police told a magisterial court that Namdhari has confessed to having shot Hardeep Chadha at the Chattarpur farm house in South Delhi last Saturday when Hardeep pointed his gun at him.
When the defence counsel contested the police theory after arguments from both the sides, Metropolitan Magistrate Sandeep Garg sent Namdhari to five days' police custody, saying "the investigating agencies should be given an opportunity for their endeavour to recover the weapon used in the crime."