Namdhari succession war: Sangat burns effigies of Hanspal, Layal
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
In the ongoing war of succession in Namdhari sect, the International Namdhari Sangat Tuesday burnt effigies of HS Hanspal and Surinder Singh Layal president and vice-president of Namdhari Darbar at Vishvkarma Chowk alleged that the duo were instrumental in dividing the Namdharis.
Jaswinder Singh, chairman of the Sangat alleged that even the state government was helping headquarters member in converting Bhaini Sahib into an armed area.
"The Sangat knows that Satguru Jagjit had declared that only Thakur Dilip will be his successor. But it is sad that tajposhi of Thakur Uday was done in a hush hush manner," he said.
The Sangat will be meeting at Sirsa — the dera of Thakur Dilip - on December 21 and from there they will go to attend the the bhog ceremony of Satguru Jagjit on December 23.
The Sangat members said they will object to the choice of the new Satguru at bhog ceremony as dastarbandi is yet to take place.
Meanwhile, Hanspal, said he has "nothing to say about any baseless allegations by a handful of people". "We are doing what Satguruji wanted. The Sangat is also happy with this decision."
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit