Name of Sunder Nagar changed
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The name of Sunder Nagar, Ludhiana, has been changed to Jain Acharya Samuder Nagar. The stone bearing this name was placed by BJP district president Parveen Bansal on Tuesday morning. He said the general house of the Municipal Corporation had cleared this proposal more than 10 months back. Jain gurus were present on the occasion. Sweets were also distributed.