Naomi Campbell suffered panic attack at London Olympics
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Supermodel Naomi Campbell suffered a panic attack backstage at the Olympics Closing Ceremony in
London when she became trapped shortly before she was due to step out in front of the crowd.
The 42-year-old catwalk queen was among the famous faces
who took part in a mini catwalk show during the 2012 Games
celebrations at the Olympic Stadium in east London, reported
Daily Express. Campbell has now said that she suffered a frightening technical hitch as she was about to take centre stage as part of a celebration of fashion.
"We stood on this truck (before the show). I'm only
saying this so everyone will understand that it was not easy.
It made me totally nervous, that we were all stuffed into this
truck alone. No one from the team (who wasn't performing) was allowed in. "There was no one to help you. I got panicked. 'Am I standing facing the right way or do I need to face the other way?' It's best not to ask such questions at moments like that. I only said: 'Can anyone help me? I don't know where I should be.' I was afraid that I would get stuck, and that was the case. But the others weren't allowed to help me. There was some rule that prohibited it. And so it was; I went back down the stairs and got stuck."