Naomi Watts refused to cut her hair for Lady Diana's role
- Venkaiah targets Rahul, says PM Modi's foreign tours a national duty, not secretive
- Woman gangraped by five men in Delhi
- Bihar polls likely in Sept-Oct, CEC calls it 'mother of all elections'
- Kejriwal attacks Gamlin, Kiren Rijiju says AAP govt insulting NE people
- A life less ordinary: Murali Vijay speaks about his troubled personal life
Naomi Watts wore a wig to portray the short bob cut of Lady Diana in the upcoming movie "Diana" as she wasn't "brave enough" to cut her hair.
The 44-year-old actress plays the lead in Oliver Hirschbiegel's upcoming drama which focuses on the last two years of the British Royal's life before she died in a car crash in Paris, reported Contactmusic.
Watts was photographed in character throughout the shoot, but she said that the short bob she sported to portray the late princess was not her real hair.
"I loved wearing a wig to play Princess Diana in 'Diana'. Changing my hair for roles is liberating, even if it's not always a look I'd go for," Watts said.
"That style was emblematic of the time, but I'm not brave enough to go that short," she added.