Naomi Watts refused to cut her hair for Lady Diana's role
- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
Naomi Watts wore a wig to portray the short bob cut of Lady Diana in the upcoming movie "Diana" as she wasn't "brave enough" to cut her hair.
The 44-year-old actress plays the lead in Oliver Hirschbiegel's upcoming drama which focuses on the last two years of the British Royal's life before she died in a car crash in Paris, reported Contactmusic.
Watts was photographed in character throughout the shoot, but she said that the short bob she sported to portray the late princess was not her real hair.
"I loved wearing a wig to play Princess Diana in 'Diana'. Changing my hair for roles is liberating, even if it's not always a look I'd go for," Watts said.
"That style was emblematic of the time, but I'm not brave enough to go that short," she added.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance