Naomi Watts refused to cut her hair for Lady Diana's role
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Naomi Watts wore a wig to portray the short bob cut of Lady Diana in the upcoming movie "Diana" as she wasn't "brave enough" to cut her hair.
The 44-year-old actress plays the lead in Oliver Hirschbiegel's upcoming drama which focuses on the last two years of the British Royal's life before she died in a car crash in Paris, reported Contactmusic.
Watts was photographed in character throughout the shoot, but she said that the short bob she sported to portray the late princess was not her real hair.
"I loved wearing a wig to play Princess Diana in 'Diana'. Changing my hair for roles is liberating, even if it's not always a look I'd go for," Watts said.
"That style was emblematic of the time, but I'm not brave enough to go that short," she added.