Naomi Watts refused to cut her hair for Lady Diana's role
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
Naomi Watts wore a wig to portray the short bob cut of Lady Diana in the upcoming movie "Diana" as she wasn't "brave enough" to cut her hair.
The 44-year-old actress plays the lead in Oliver Hirschbiegel's upcoming drama which focuses on the last two years of the British Royal's life before she died in a car crash in Paris, reported Contactmusic.
Watts was photographed in character throughout the shoot, but she said that the short bob she sported to portray the late princess was not her real hair.
"I loved wearing a wig to play Princess Diana in 'Diana'. Changing my hair for roles is liberating, even if it's not always a look I'd go for," Watts said.
"That style was emblematic of the time, but I'm not brave enough to go that short," she added.
- We need to stop denying India’s not-so-hidden apartheid
- Pranab and Sushma visits reflect today’s tighter India-Israel bond
- Iran nuclear deal demonstrate the necessity and benefits of multilateralism
- Diary item: Bengal’s Burdwan break
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go