Narayan Rane's son Nitesh detained for toll booth damage
Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane's son Nitesh Rane was detained on Tuesday at the Goa- Maharashtra border after he allegedly led a group which damaged a toll booth and assaulted workers of the state Public Works Department.
Police officials said a convoy of cars headed by Nitesh attacked the toll booth installed by the Goa government at Pernem village.
Trouble began when toll booth workers demanded toll fees from Rane's car and other cars following him.
"We have received complaints that three workers were arrested and a toll booth was damaged. The police swung into action and detained a group of people including Nitesh Rane," the police said.
A large number of Rane supporters had gathered at the border checkpost and also at Pernem police station.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate