Narayan Rane's son Nitesh detained for toll booth damage
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane's son Nitesh Rane was detained on Tuesday at the Goa- Maharashtra border after he allegedly led a group which damaged a toll booth and assaulted workers of the state Public Works Department.
Police officials said a convoy of cars headed by Nitesh attacked the toll booth installed by the Goa government at Pernem village.
Trouble began when toll booth workers demanded toll fees from Rane's car and other cars following him.
"We have received complaints that three workers were arrested and a toll booth was damaged. The police swung into action and detained a group of people including Nitesh Rane," the police said.
A large number of Rane supporters had gathered at the border checkpost and also at Pernem police station.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express