Narayan Sai's supporters, protesters clash outside court
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Supporters of self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai on Wednesday clashed with a group of people protesting against him outside the premises of a Delhi court, minutes before he was produced in a rape case.
The drama unfolded outside the premises of Rohini District Courts Complex when around 200 people staged demonstrations in support of and against Sai.
While a group of protesters demanded death penalty for 41-year-old Sai, who was arrested today after absconding for last 58 days, his supporters claimed that he has been falsely implicated in the sexual assault case.
Several women supporters of Sai thrashed a man who was raising slogans against him. The situation was brought under control after policemen intervened. Scores of policemen were guarding the court complex where the incident took place.
Sai was today arrested by the Crime Branch Delhi Police from Delhi-Haryana border in connection with the rape case filed by a Surat-based woman and produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Dheeraj Mor here.
Four disciples of Sai-Bhavika, Vishnu, Ramesh and Hanuman-were also arrested along with him.
Delhi Police said Sai had disguised himself as a Sikh man to evade being caught. He was sporting a red turban and a beard. He was wearing a T-shirt, trousers and a sports jacket, police said.
The Surat police had registered two complaints by two sisters- one against Asaram and the other against Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The younger of the two sisters had filed the complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at the Surat ashram.
The elder sister, in her complaint against Asaram, had accused him of repeated sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she was living at his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express