Narendra Modi among BJP list of PM candidates: Naqvi
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- LS: Cong may field Sharmila Tagore from Gurgaon
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party's prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Monday.
"There is a list of eight top leaders in the party including Narendra Modi who could be prime ministerial candidates in the next elections," Naqvi said.
The party's parliamentary board would decide on the Prime Ministerial candidate from the the eight top leaders at an appropriate time, he said.
He said, "We think the mechanism we have introduced to choose prime ministerial candidate is right and there is no confusion among us regarding choosing the prime ministerial candidate."
Expressing confidence that NDA would form the next government at the Centre, Naqvi said eight parties would join NDA soon.
He released the party manifesto for February 14 Assembly polls in Tripura. BJP fielded 50 candidates for the sixty-member Assembly.
He said good governance, providing safety and security to the people, particularly the women, are the main issues on which BJP was laying importance.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly