Narendra Modi among BJP list of PM candidates: Naqvi
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party's prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Monday.
"There is a list of eight top leaders in the party including Narendra Modi who could be prime ministerial candidates in the next elections," Naqvi said.
The party's parliamentary board would decide on the Prime Ministerial candidate from the the eight top leaders at an appropriate time, he said.
He said, "We think the mechanism we have introduced to choose prime ministerial candidate is right and there is no confusion among us regarding choosing the prime ministerial candidate."
Expressing confidence that NDA would form the next government at the Centre, Naqvi said eight parties would join NDA soon.
He released the party manifesto for February 14 Assembly polls in Tripura. BJP fielded 50 candidates for the sixty-member Assembly.
He said good governance, providing safety and security to the people, particularly the women, are the main issues on which BJP was laying importance.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi