Narendra Modi, Arvind Kejriwal nothing in front of Rahul Gandhi: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
On a visit to relief camps of riot victims in Muzzafarnagar, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday blamed both the BJP and the SP for the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar even as he heaped praise on Rahul Gandhi, saying Narendra Modi and Arvind Kejriwal were nothing in front of the Congress Vice President.
"Kejriwal and Modi are nothing in front of Rahul. Rahul Gandhi is Rahul Gandhi. You guys have put them (Kejriwal, Modi) on the moon. It is you, who give them publicity. What have they done so far," the RJD chief said, adding his party will tie up with the Congress for the Lok Sabha polls.
Lalu, whose visit to the area comes a week after the Congress Vice President's unannounced visit to the camps in Shamli last Sunday, echoed Rahul's views that those living in camps should go back to their villages.
"We have come here to wipe away the tears of the victims.
They should go back to their homes. Government should facilitate that," Lalu told reporters.
Slamming Aam Admi Party, he said the party is doing a "drama" by renouncing facilities such as vehicles with read-beacon cars, security etc.
"AAP is talking about corruption, they themselves are corrupt, he alleged.
Training his guns on Modi and his close aide Amit Shah, whom the RJD chief described as the Gujarat Chief Minister's "General Manager for communalising society", Lalu said, "He (Shah) is spoiling the whole atmosphere. He is ... currently their warhorse in Muzaffarnagar".
"RSS, Modi and Amit Shah, who is working here (in Uttar Pradesh) are well-known for this and see the riots happened.
People used to live in Muzaffarnagar together but the riots happened... "Communal violence erupted in UP after Amit Shah was sent to handle the party's poll campaign here. He is spoiling the atmosphere of the state," he alleged.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy