Narendra Modi as a ‘tabletop icon’
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi announces alliance with BJP
- NSCN-K plans revenge attack; high alert sounded across Northeast
- Pak Senate slams Modi's remarks, passes resolution
- Parrikar says those who 'fear India's new posture' have started reacting
- Airtel calls it ‘standard solution’, but experts say 'spy code' is illegal
A statuette of the Gujarat chief minister,meant to be a tabletop accessory with a head that shakes, has been designed by a fan club that calls itself a non-political organisation. The Gujarat Gaurav Fan Club launched the "Narendra Modi tabletop icon" in Ahmedabad and held a press conference to mark the event on Wednesday. The club,which runs the website www.jitegagujarat.com, refused to put a price tag to the accessory but said the making price would have been about Rs 50-60 for every model. Asked why they launched it, the club's president Rajeev Chhajer said, "We aim to take Modi's icon to every table in offices and in drawing rooms. With the focus and vision that Modi reflects, this statute will prove to be a motivation for people of Gujarat. This is a non-political and non-commercial move. Our purpose is to express love and affection for Modi."