Narendra Modi attacks PM over falling rupee, says UPA govt is too arrogant
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched yet another scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA government and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, even as he launched the poll campaign for Chhattisgarh Assembly elections in Ambikapur.
He accused the UPA government of being at the zenith of arrogance and considering citizens of the country as mere votebanks. "The government in Delhi is so arrogant that it does not even answer the questions of people," said Modi.
Addressing a gathering at Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) poll panel chief took a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and later compared him with Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Modi pointed that Manmohan Singh was a doctor of rupee while Raman Singh was a doctor of people. He went on to add that while the doctor of people was doing excellent for their well-being, the doctor of rupee was not able to heal the wounds of the Indian currency at all. He said that the rupee was battling for life in a hospital.
Pointing that social media was a powerful medium these days, he said that he recently got a mail wherein Mahatma Gandhi was seen looking for the "lost rupee" and his photograph on it through a magnifying glass.
He further attacked the government for being indifferent to the woes of the poor people, saying those in Delhi did not even know the cost of food of the poor people. "They do not know your pain, how can they give you medicine," said the Gujarat Chief Minister.
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul