Narendra Modi calls for sports policy to attract youth in Gujarat
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government would implement a policy to attract youth in the state towards sports.
"Gujarat will lead the country in implementing the sports policy and 'Khel-Mahakumbh' is a step forward," he said.
The ongoing Khel-Mahakumbh, organised by the state government, has seen a record number of 21 lakh sportspersons having registered their names in about 21 different games in this year's event.
"Sports is all important in the development of human beings, but nowadays grounds are seen empty because of the burden of education, which is a matter of concern," Modi said.