Narendra Modi calls for sports policy to attract youth in Gujarat
- Rafale fighter jet deal: What does it mean for India?
- Murder convict, posing as visitor, escapes from Bangalore central prison
- Twice he promised, twice Haryana CM ML Khattar stood up Navy officer kin
- Express Impact: From today, stop construction that’s polluting air, says NGT
- Voting begins for Maharashtra Assembly byelections
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government would implement a policy to attract youth in the state towards sports.
"Gujarat will lead the country in implementing the sports policy and 'Khel-Mahakumbh' is a step forward," he said.
The ongoing Khel-Mahakumbh, organised by the state government, has seen a record number of 21 lakh sportspersons having registered their names in about 21 different games in this year's event.
"Sports is all important in the development of human beings, but nowadays grounds are seen empty because of the burden of education, which is a matter of concern," Modi said.