Narendra Modi calls for sports policy to attract youth in Gujarat
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government would implement a policy to attract youth in the state towards sports.
"Gujarat will lead the country in implementing the sports policy and 'Khel-Mahakumbh' is a step forward," he said.
The ongoing Khel-Mahakumbh, organised by the state government, has seen a record number of 21 lakh sportspersons having registered their names in about 21 different games in this year's event.