Narendra Modi calls for sports policy to attract youth in Gujarat
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government would implement a policy to attract youth in the state towards sports.
"Gujarat will lead the country in implementing the sports policy and 'Khel-Mahakumbh' is a step forward," he said.
The ongoing Khel-Mahakumbh, organised by the state government, has seen a record number of 21 lakh sportspersons having registered their names in about 21 different games in this year's event.
"Sports is all important in the development of human beings, but nowadays grounds are seen empty because of the burden of education, which is a matter of concern," Modi said.