Narendra Modi calls on bereaved Thackeray family
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday called on Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray to offer condolences on passing away of his father and Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Modi was with the family at their residence 'Matoshree' for 40 minutes.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde and Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit accompanied Modi.
Modi spoke to Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief and Bal Thackeray's nephew Raj Thackeray over phone to offer his condolences.
Earlier, late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan's family including wife Rekha, daughter Poonam and son Rahul called on the Thackerays.