Narendra Modi congratulates Chouhan, Vasundhara
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Rajasthan BJP president Vasundhara Raje after the counting trends showed that the saffron party is leading in the two states.
Giving his first reaction to conclusive trends of both the states, where counting is going on, Modi, who had campaigned extensively in all the four states where elections were held, congratulated the leaders of MP and Rajasthan.
He seemed to have reserved his comment on Chattisgarh and Delhi where the situation is still unclear.
"Called Shivraj ji to congratulate him for BJP's wonderful performance in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections!" Modi tweeted.
In another tweet, Modi said, "spoke to Vasundhara ji & congratulated her for the historic victory of BJP in Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha elections".
Modi is likely to go to Delhi later in the day to attend a party meeting.
"Gujarat Chief Minister will go to Delhi to take part in the party's parliamentary board meeting later on Sunday," sources in state BJP said.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence