Narendra Modi congratulates Chouhan, Vasundhara
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's show of unity in Gandhinagar today, Modi to accompany Advani for nomination filing
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW instrumental in grabbing key Indian Mujahideen leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gangrape: All three convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence by a sessions court
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Rajasthan BJP president Vasundhara Raje after the counting trends showed that the saffron party is leading in the two states.
Giving his first reaction to conclusive trends of both the states, where counting is going on, Modi, who had campaigned extensively in all the four states where elections were held, congratulated the leaders of MP and Rajasthan.
He seemed to have reserved his comment on Chattisgarh and Delhi where the situation is still unclear.
"Called Shivraj ji to congratulate him for BJP's wonderful performance in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections!" Modi tweeted.
In another tweet, Modi said, "spoke to Vasundhara ji & congratulated her for the historic victory of BJP in Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha elections".
Modi is likely to go to Delhi later in the day to attend a party meeting.
"Gujarat Chief Minister will go to Delhi to take part in the party's parliamentary board meeting later on Sunday," sources in state BJP said.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar