Narendra Modi defeats Shweta Bhatt by massive margin in Maninagar
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Modi polled 1,20,470 votes, while Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
In 2007, Modi had won the elections by more than 87,000 votes.
BJP appears all set to come to power in the state for the third consecutive term as it was leading in 114 constituencies out of 181, where trends were available.
Congress was leading on 62 seats, NCP on one, Gujarat Parivartan Party on three and JD(U) on one, according to state election office sources.