Narendra Modi defeats Shweta Bhatt by massive margin in Maninagar
- J&K: One Pakistani terrorist captured alive, another killed in gun battle
- Piece of aircraft wreckage is from missing MH370: Malaysian PM Najib Razak
- Heavy rains have caused the Kamayani Express mishap: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- FSSAI rubbishes all-clear reports to Maggi from Goa, Mysore labs
- Wasim Akram escapes unhurt after shot at by official in Karachi
Modi polled 1,20,470 votes, while Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
In 2007, Modi had won the elections by more than 87,000 votes.
BJP appears all set to come to power in the state for the third consecutive term as it was leading in 114 constituencies out of 181, where trends were available.
Congress was leading on 62 seats, NCP on one, Gujarat Parivartan Party on three and JD(U) on one, according to state election office sources.