Narendra Modi defeats Shweta Bhatt by massive margin in Maninagar
Modi polled 1,20,470 votes, while Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
In 2007, Modi had won the elections by more than 87,000 votes.
BJP appears all set to come to power in the state for the third consecutive term as it was leading in 114 constituencies out of 181, where trends were available.
Congress was leading on 62 seats, NCP on one, Gujarat Parivartan Party on three and JD(U) on one, according to state election office sources.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate