Narendra Modi defeats Shweta Bhatt by massive margin in Maninagar
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Modi polled 1,20,470 votes, while Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
In 2007, Modi had won the elections by more than 87,000 votes.
BJP appears all set to come to power in the state for the third consecutive term as it was leading in 114 constituencies out of 181, where trends were available.
Congress was leading on 62 seats, NCP on one, Gujarat Parivartan Party on three and JD(U) on one, according to state election office sources.