Narendra Modi defeats Shweta Bhatt by massive margin in Maninagar
Modi polled 1,20,470 votes, while Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
In 2007, Modi had won the elections by more than 87,000 votes.
BJP appears all set to come to power in the state for the third consecutive term as it was leading in 114 constituencies out of 181, where trends were available.
Congress was leading on 62 seats, NCP on one, Gujarat Parivartan Party on three and JD(U) on one, according to state election office sources.
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England