Narendra Modi elected Gujarat BJP legislature party leader
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Narendra Modi was today unanimously elected leader of BJP legislature party, paving the way for his swearing-in as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow for the fourth time.
All the 115 newly-elected BJP MLAs attended the meeting where Modi was formally chosen the leader in the presence of central observer and the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Modi's name was proposed by senior MLA Vaju Vala, who was Finance Minister in the outgoing cabinet, and seconded by four other senior legislators. After the proposal was carried unanimously, Jaitley announced Modi's election.
Modi will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamala Beniwal tomorrow.
BJP won 115 seats in the 182-member legislative assembly in recent elections.