Narendra Modi has no magic to improve BJP's polls prospects in UP: SP
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Samajwadi Party today said Narendra Modi had no magic to change the fortunes of BJP in Uttar Pradesh in the next general elections and his anointment as BJP's campaign committee chairman will not help the party.
"Even though Modi's elevation was BJP's internal matter but surely Modi had no magic to change the fate of his party in Uttar Pradesh. It will not help the party," SP National General Secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha told reporters.
"BJP, particularly in Uttar Pradesh, had so many senior leaders than Modi and it was a mystery that what BJP intended to gain by putting him ahead of other senior leaders," Kushwaha said lauding the Akhilesh Yadav government on law and order front.
Economic scams and crimes on women had been checked effectively under the SP rule while during the previous BSP regime such acts were a routine and even ministers and legislators were involved in crime activities, he said.
BJP today anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Election Campaign Committee Chairman for the 2014 polls.