Narendra Modi lauds Sachin Tendulkar, says every Indian proud of retiring icon
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Praising Sachin Tendulkar who is playing his last cricket Test for his unmatched hard work and dedication, Narendra Modi Thursday said every Indian feels proud of the cricketer.
The BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, who is in the midst of election campaigning, strayed for a few minutes from his Congress bashing exercise at a rally in Chattisgarh as he spoke about Tendulkar's last match.
"Today, every Indian is looking towards Mumbai where Sachin is set to retire from cricket. The country feels proud of Sachin.
"Every Indian is proud of taking Sachin's name. With his hard work, sincerity, dedication and countless efforts, Sachin has achieved new records in the game," Modi said.