Narendra Modi painting rosy picture to misguide people: Cong
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The state Congress Friday claimed that CM Narendra Modi was "misguiding" the country by giving "false and far from the true" data about Gujarat. Addressing reporters, GPCC president Arjun Modhwadia compared Gujarat with Haryana on 38 different parameters and claimed that the former's performance was far worse than Haryana and also alleged that Modi has projected a "false and rosy" picture of the state.
Referring to Modi's recent speech in New Delhi, he said, "If you compare the vital development parameters of the two states, it is clear that Modi, while addressing those 1,800 college students, had presented totally irresponsible, false and far from the truth data to misguide people."
"Haryana, which has half the population as compared to Gujarat, has never held any agriculture festival, which has become a fashion for the Gujarat CM, and still that state is on top in the country in the agriculture sector," he said.
Modhwadia has also claimed that as compared to Haryana, Gujarat was providing less amount of pension to its older population, widows and physically-challenged persons.