Narendra Modi protest: Students allege molestation
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
According to the protesters, the police instead of protecting those detained, dragged them through a crowd of ABVP activists.
Kopal Pokal, a member of the SFI who was outside the SRCC on Wednesday, said: "I don't think policemen have learnt how to deal with protesters. They need to be gender sensitized. They dragged us from the barricades and took us through a crowd of ABVP members who hurled abuses at us, called us 'besharam aurat' and 'deshdrohi'. Even the police personnel were laughing and jeering at us."
The police told eight protesters whom they had detained to leave once Modi left the campus. But they marched to the police station and demanded that their complaints be registered. "We demanded that the police identify those who were abusing us and those police personnel who led us to the mob. Several TV cameras captured it. Why don't they use that as evidence," Piyush Raj, a member of AISA, said.