Narendra Modi role model for CMs: Advani
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Senior BJP leader L K Advani Sunday termed the Gujarat chief minister as a "role model" of development while appealing to states to imitate him.
"Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest," Advani said while addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district.
Praising Modi for introducing schemes for tribals and fishermen, Advani said, "Prices have risen during the Congress regime while the Union government is facing corruption charges. Scam after scam is being unravelled."
Modi, who was criticised by the Congress for undertaking a 3-D blitzkrieg for poll campaigning, received a pat on his back from the party veteran. "Narendra Modi is the first person to address public through hologram (3 D technology)," he said.