Narendra Modiís rival revels in new role
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
I expect a majority of the votes.
How would you rate your strengths against your rival's?
Narendra Modi is a master conjurer who had so far succeeded in misleading the people of this state with various tricks and charades. The people of Gujarat have started seeing the face behind the image. I have no experience of politics. My strengths are simplicity, truth, courage and empathy that people have seen during my struggle.
Those 17 days (when I fought for my arrested husband's relaese) made me realise my potential to stand up to injustice and oppression. I was overwhelmed by the tremendous support and solidarity... I draw my strength from the support of the common people.
Do local issues matter in this constituency?
Maninagar is not one monolithic entity. There is a "Money-nagar" within Maninagar that is replete with civic amenities, but on the other hand there are large areas that do not have even the basic amenities such as drinking water or even sewerage facilities. Even the condition of roads in the other Maninagar has to be seen to be believed.
The opposition says you are fighting a personal battle, not a people's battle.
I have no personal issues or agenda, nor am I using my husband's battle with the CM as my campaign strategy. This is a battle to reclaim democratic space in Gujarat...space that is shrinking very fast... My husband, Sanjiv Bhatt is more than capable of taking his crusade to its logical conclusion. He does not need me to fight his battles.