Narendra Modi takes jibes at Congress over election debacle
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday took a jibe at Congress, saying its total seats in all the four states is less than what his party has won in one state.
"The total number of seats Congress has won in all the four states today cannot even match the seats @BJP4India won in 1 state!" Modi said on Twitter.
Till the last results came in, Congress had won only a total of 74 seats in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi and is leading in 55.
BJP has won 151 seats in Rajasthan alone. Its tally of wins in Madhya Pradesh is 99, Chhattisgarh 21, and 31 in Delhi.
"BJP leads/wins 392 of 589 seats whose results are available. Great performance, winning around 66 per cent of seats. Congress shrinks, gets 23 per cent of seats," Modi said.
Terming BJP's performance in these elections as "spectacular", he said, "I congratulate Rajnathji, party leaders & Karyakartas (workers) for their hardwork in the elections.
He also congratulated MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Vasundhara Raje and Chhhattisgarh CM Raman Singh.
Earlier, senior leaders Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Gopinath Munde gave credit to Modi for BJP's good performance in the Assembly elections.
Singh said BJP had benefited to a great degree from the popularity of Modi in these elections.