Narendra Modi to inaugurate Sparkle ’13 in Surat today
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday inaugurate Sparkle 2013, the four-day gems and jewellery exhibition being organised by Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) at Convention Centre in Sarsana in the city.
Over 150 companies from across the country and from countries like Dubai, Japan and Thailand will take part in the show. This is the fifth such event being organised by SGCCI to promote Indian diamond jewellery.
SGCCI president Paresh Patel said, "The reason for organising the event is to get business from non-resident Gujaratis who come during December and January. The exhibition will also help diamond and jewellery merchants as they will get in direct contact with international brands and make big business deals."