Narendra Modi to visit Patna serial blasts victims on Saturday
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will visit Bihar on Friday night for a second time in a week to meet the families of the six serial blasts' victims in different districts on Saturday, a party leader said.
Modi will fly by a chartered plane from Pune and reach Patna at 11 pm Friday night and stay at the VVIP guest house as a state guest, BJP national general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan said.
He will board a helicopter Saturday morning to visit the native villages of all six Patna serial blasts victims in Patna, Kaimur, Gopalganj, Supaul, Begusarai and Nalanda districts, Pradhan said.
Modi will meet the grieving families to express his personal condolences to them for the death of their kins in the serial blasts during BJP's 'Hunkar Rally' in the state capital on October 27 last, and will hand over a cheque of Rs five lakh to the families, he said.
The Gujarat Chief Minister's whirlwind tour will begin at 7 am in Patna Saturday and end at 3 pm in Nalanda district, the BJP leader said.
Incidentally, Nalanda is the native district of Modi's Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar.