Narendra Modi top topic in Facebook this year, ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, iPhone 5s
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
It comes as no surprise, but Narendra Modi was the top topic in Facebook this year. The Gujarat Chief Minister, in fact, beat Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar and the aspirations iPhone 5s to the spot according to the Facebook: 2013 Year in Review report released Monday.
The other top topics in India were RBI governor Raghuram Rajan and India's mission to Mars, the Mangalyaan. In international rankings, Pope Francis was on top, followed by 'Elections' and the Royal Baby. Nelson Mandela, who passed away last week, was ranked 10th in this list.
According to Facebook Data Editor Robert D'Onofrio, they looked at which life events and places generated the most posts and check-ins to create global and country-level rankings.