Narendra Modi top topic in Facebook this year, ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, iPhone 5s
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Gujarat development model a "sheer largescale hoodwinking", says Congress
It comes as no surprise, but Narendra Modi was the top topic in Facebook this year. The Gujarat Chief Minister, in fact, beat Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar and the aspirations iPhone 5s to the spot according to the Facebook: 2013 Year in Review report released Monday.
The other top topics in India were RBI governor Raghuram Rajan and India's mission to Mars, the Mangalyaan. In international rankings, Pope Francis was on top, followed by 'Elections' and the Royal Baby. Nelson Mandela, who passed away last week, was ranked 10th in this list.
According to Facebook Data Editor Robert D'Onofrio, they looked at which life events and places generated the most posts and check-ins to create global and country-level rankings.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city