Narendra Modi trying to mislead people: Manish Tewari
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday questioned Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi for not making any reference to 2002 riots in the state and alleged his speech here was aimed at generally trying to "mislead" the people.
"Well, the Chief minister of Gujarat made a reference to a cliche called P2 and G2 when he was referring to Gujarat model of development. P2 essentially stands for platitudes personified -- patting oneself on the back when one has no achievements to account for," Tewari told reporters here.
"G 2 would mean Geo global. I am surprised the chief minister of Gujarat in his entire speech made no reference of Gujarat pogrom which continues to be a blot and stain on the fair name of the state," he said.
Tewari said the Gujarat chief minister had not said anything to "atone" for the incidents which had happened during his tenure.
Tewari said Modi had forgotten to mention that even in terms of Human Development Indices, there were other states which were ahead of Gujarat.
He said there was a need to find out how many of MoUs, that were signed at the Vibrant Gujarat summit, actually translated into reality and how many people got gainful got gainful employment.
"Except for blowing hot air and generally trying to mislead the people, which unfortunately has been his USP, the speech in its essence really accounts for nothing," Tewari said.
Tewari said the development of Gujarat had happened not for the people but for a few industrialists. "The development story what he is trying to tell is completely away from facts," he added.
Tewari also took on Modi in a tweet on social networking site Twitter.
"CM Gujarat defined development model as P-2& G-2 P-2 Platitudes Personified G-2 Geo Global No mention of 2002 pogrom failed human development," he posted.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi