Narendra Modi visit rocks DU: Jeers outside and cheers inside
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
"We didn't know details of the kind of work being done in Gujarat. The texts we study are so restrictive. The highlight of his speech was when he demonstrated how the state's focus on agriculture can help put the country on the growth track," she said.
Responding to queries on why SRCC invited Modi to a college event, principal P C Jain said: "In all honesty, I want to say that we sent out invitations to 11 persons. Narendra Modi's office was the first one to reply to our invitation."
However, there are speculations whether Vishwa Hindu Parishad will endorse Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate at the Maha Kumbh.