Narendra Modi would be stopped if he talks politics at Maha Kumbh: SP
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would be "stopped" if he indulges in politics during his visit to the ongoing Maha Kumbh next week, a senior leader from the ruling Samajwadi Party said today.
"Mahakumbh is an occasion having spiritual and religious significance... Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi can come there and take a holy dip during his visit on February 13 and take the blessings of saints but if he opts to indulge in politics, he would be stopped," senior SP leader Ram Asrey Kushwaha said.
"Kumbh area is a religious place and it should remain as that... it is our advice and also our request," he said.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Kalraj Misra hit back saying, "Rajnath Singh visits Kumbh every year for a holy dip. His or Narendra Modi's visit shouldn't be politicised."
In case Kushwaha and SP government speak about stopping Modi from coming to Kumbh, they will be politicising it, he said.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students