Narendra Modi would be stopped if he talks politics at Maha Kumbh: SP
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would be "stopped" if he indulges in politics during his visit to the ongoing Maha Kumbh next week, a senior leader from the ruling Samajwadi Party said today.
"Mahakumbh is an occasion having spiritual and religious significance... Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi can come there and take a holy dip during his visit on February 13 and take the blessings of saints but if he opts to indulge in politics, he would be stopped," senior SP leader Ram Asrey Kushwaha said.
"Kumbh area is a religious place and it should remain as that... it is our advice and also our request," he said.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Kalraj Misra hit back saying, "Rajnath Singh visits Kumbh every year for a holy dip. His or Narendra Modi's visit shouldn't be politicised."
In case Kushwaha and SP government speak about stopping Modi from coming to Kumbh, they will be politicising it, he said.