Narendra Modi would be stopped if he talks politics at Maha Kumbh: SP
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would be "stopped" if he indulges in politics during his visit to the ongoing Maha Kumbh next week, a senior leader from the ruling Samajwadi Party said today.
"Mahakumbh is an occasion having spiritual and religious significance... Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi can come there and take a holy dip during his visit on February 13 and take the blessings of saints but if he opts to indulge in politics, he would be stopped," senior SP leader Ram Asrey Kushwaha said.
"Kumbh area is a religious place and it should remain as that... it is our advice and also our request," he said.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Kalraj Misra hit back saying, "Rajnath Singh visits Kumbh every year for a holy dip. His or Narendra Modi's visit shouldn't be politicised."
In case Kushwaha and SP government speak about stopping Modi from coming to Kumbh, they will be politicising it, he said.