Narendra Modi's Varanasi itinerary altered due to security reasons
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
The itinerary of BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is going to address Vijay Shankhnad rally here on Friday, has been changed due to security reasons on the request of the district administration.
President of state BJP Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Modi would visit the Sankatmochan and Vishwanath temples before the rally at the Khajuri village.
District Magistrate Pranjal Yadav said that in the letter sent by Gujarat government it was said that Modi would visit the two temples after the rally.
"We have requested Modi through a letter for not visiting Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan temples on Friday as per schedule given by Gujrat government, when he will also address a rally at Khajuri village," the DM said.
"The Varanasi city is of narrow lanes, nearly three lakh people are expected to visit the city on Friday causing a lot of rush. Being Friday, when Juma namaz is offered due to which security deployment would be needed, making it a difficult task for the police", he said.
As per proposed schedule by the administration, Modi would first visit Sankatmochan temple and then Vishwanath temple and after offering prayers he would go to Khajuri ground to address the rally.
Meanwhile, Bajpai said that Modi would land at BJP helipad and would take land route to the temples.
He termed the media reports of arrangement of Namaz for Muslims at the rally spot as false.