Shocker: Narendra Modi takes dig at Sonia Gandhi's illness
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Stepping up his attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi, BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi talked about her illness on Thursday and said, "Agar Madam beemar hai to bachhe ko kaam do (If Madam - Sonia Gandhi - is ill, hand over the work to her child – Rahul Gandhi)."
In a direct attack on the Gandhi family, Narendra Modi today asked Rahul Gandhi whether central funds for Chattisgarh came from his "Mama's (maternal uncle) house" and also said Sonia Gandhi should let the "shehzada" take over Congress.
Citing multi-crore 2G and coal scams, the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate also said Congress has done "PhD in corruption" and that it has become a burden on the country and sought its ouster.
Addressing a series of public meetings in poll-bound Chattisgarh including at Kawardha, home town of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, Narendra Modi slammed the Congress for opposing opinion polls, saying fear of losing elections was the reason behind its "nonsensical" demand and "desperate" tactics.
Alleging that Congress' claims of giving massive funds to Chhattisgarh under various schemes is an insult to its people, Narendra Modi said, "Sonia madam and shehzada (Rahul) had come here.
Said so much foodgrains and funds were given. Are you people standing here with a begging bowl.... What kind of language is the Congress speaking".
Asserting that the people have a right to central funds, he targeted the Congress Vice President and made a veiled dig at Sonia's Italian origin.
"I want to ask shehzada that you keep on saying that we gave so much money, I want to know if he got the money from his Mama's house. Did you give the money by taking it from your Mama's house?. This is the people's money," said Modi at his first rally at Bemetra, 90 km from Raipur.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress