Narrow movement in steel prices
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Steady conditions persisted on the local steel market today as prices continued to move in a tight range in the absence of buying support and settled around previous levels.
Traders said fall in demand due to slowdown in construction activity due to adverse weather conditions mainly kept steel prices unchanged.
The following are today's quotations per tonne: CTD saria (Kamdhenu): 8-mm 49,100, 10-mm 47,600, 12-mm 45,600, 16-25 mm 46,800.
Saria Jai Bharat (TMT): 8-mm 45,100, 10 mm 44,800, 12-mm44,100, 16-25 mm 44,400.
Amba shakti (TMT): 8-mm 45,400, 10-mm 43,100, 12-mm 42,100, 16-25 mm 42,600.
MS Angle: (50x5) (50x6) 42,000, (40x5) (40x6) 42,800. Angle Capital (ISI) (40X5) (40x6) 43,800, (35X5) (65X6) 33,900. Girder 125X65 RS 39,300.