Nation pays tributes to Indira Gandhi on her 95th birth anniversary
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
The nation on Monday remembered former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 95th birth anniversary with President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari among prominent leaders who paid homage to the leader.
The leaders offered floral tributes at her memorial Shakti Sthal on the banks of Yamuna.
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Union Ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Kamal Nath were among those who visited the memorial.
On the occasion, tricolour balloons were released by Mukherjee, Ansari and Sonia.
Patriotic music was also played along with a speech of Indira Gandhi.
Gandhi, who was born on November 19, 1917 in the politically influential Nehru family, was the first woman Prime Minister of India.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore