Nation pays tributes to Indira Gandhi on her 95th birth anniversary
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The nation on Monday remembered former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 95th birth anniversary with President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari among prominent leaders who paid homage to the leader.
The leaders offered floral tributes at her memorial Shakti Sthal on the banks of Yamuna.
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Union Ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Kamal Nath were among those who visited the memorial.
On the occasion, tricolour balloons were released by Mukherjee, Ansari and Sonia.
Patriotic music was also played along with a speech of Indira Gandhi.
Gandhi, who was born on November 19, 1917 in the politically influential Nehru family, was the first woman Prime Minister of India.