National Alpine skiing championship begins in Auli
- Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death by lethal injection
- India, China face terror threat from source in same region: PM Modi
- Petrol price hiked by Rs 3.13/litre, diesel by Rs 2.71/litre; Cong says it's Modi govt's anniversary 'gift'
- BCCI plans to replace Champions League T20 with a mini-IPL in UAE
- JD(U), RJD tussle over seat-sharing begins; Lalu demands 145, Nitish says take all 243
The national alpine skiing championship got off to a colourful start on the slopes of Auli in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district today with a march past by 16 participating teams from across the country.
The main competitions at the three-day annual event are scheduled to begin from tomorrow.
On the opening day 96 participants from different states including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab staged a march past followed by a cultural programme in the presence of Winter Games Federation of India officials. Chamoli District Magistrate S A Murugesan was the chief guest on the occasion.