National Alpine skiing championship begins in Auli
- Lok Sabha elections: 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
- Sanjay Dutt out of jail 40% of time, Bombay HC asks why he is so special
The national alpine skiing championship got off to a colourful start on the slopes of Auli in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district today with a march past by 16 participating teams from across the country.
The main competitions at the three-day annual event are scheduled to begin from tomorrow.
On the opening day 96 participants from different states including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab staged a march past followed by a cultural programme in the presence of Winter Games Federation of India officials. Chamoli District Magistrate S A Murugesan was the chief guest on the occasion.