National Alpine skiing championship begins in Auli
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The national alpine skiing championship got off to a colourful start on the slopes of Auli in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district today with a march past by 16 participating teams from across the country.
The main competitions at the three-day annual event are scheduled to begin from tomorrow.
On the opening day 96 participants from different states including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab staged a march past followed by a cultural programme in the presence of Winter Games Federation of India officials. Chamoli District Magistrate S A Murugesan was the chief guest on the occasion.