National Geographic to air inside story on Indian Premier League
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The glitz and glamour of the Indian Premier League is all set to be the subject of a show on the National Geographic channel, which promises to air the unseen inside story of the multi-million dollar Twenty20 event.
"For the first time in Indian television history, National Geographic Channel will answer the burning question among Indian Cricket fans; What is the inside story of the IPL? This year, get set to be glued to your television sets, as Nat Geo brings INSIDE IPL; a special series that will reveal the facts behind the massive machinery of the Pepsi Indian Premier League," said a statement issued by the BCCI.
Featuring 54 days of cricket, 76 matches, nine teams, 12 venues and more than a hundred million spectators and TV viewers, the IPL 2013 starting on Wednesday will once again bring cricket, business and entertainment together.
"From the organisation and preparations for the Pepsi IPL 2013, to its execution, management, broadcast, players and fans, 'Inside IPL' will give viewers a peek into the making and shaping of India's largest annual sporting spectacle," the release stated.
National Geographic Channel's 'Inside' series showcases the "most restricted places and behind-the-scenes moments from some of the world's greatest events." "From the Vatican to the biggest Rolling Stones concert, from the beaches of Brazil to the crowded streets of Hong Kong, the show unravels the science, high-tech tools, and non-stop drama, as the compelling cast of characters race to pull off the impossible."
Speaking about the series, Keertan Adyanthaya, Managing Director, National Geographic Network and Fox International Channels India said, "IPL is more than just a cricket tournament, with hundreds of millions of people and billions of rupees being involved."
- Modi’s Idea of India
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar